Friday, August 20, 2010

Beautiful little fool





I hope she'll be a fool--that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool... You see, I think everything's terrible anyhow... And I know. I've been everywhere and seen everything and done everything."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby, Ch. 1

Tomorrow night I’m going to a Gatsby-themed charity event. I say ‘charity event’ loosely, because I’m not some debutante whose job is to be on various charity boards and get my picture in society magazines. I wish. However, this event technically benefits one of the only charities I actually know and feel personally invested in, so I’m going. But what to wear? I love dressing up, but in college this veered towards makeshift togas and slapdash slutty outfits. This party looks the eensiest bit more classy, especially since I’ll know a few legit adults there. I decided to do a bit of research since the book is less interested in Daisy’s wardrobe than I would like.

Right now I’m thinking fishnets, my fringe-y skirt, and A LOT of pearls and chains courtesy of my Grandmother’s jewelry box. If I could find a sequined feather headband and long cig holder that would be ideal.


1 Book cover, 2 how tight are these guns? Flapper era, 3 one of my faves Lauren Conrad on mtv.com, 4 Robert Redford and Mia Farrow in the movie (1974)


No comments:

Post a Comment